Stating the obvious, the effects of Covid-19 continue to be felt around the world. Although some countries are starting to ease restrictions, the pandemic is having a huge impact globally on all business sectors.
The virus has also seen a massive increase in remote working, and a rapid focus on evaluating and streamlining the end-to-end value chain within businesses. Now more than ever, companies are seeing the value in ideas like the cloud, remote access, and automation. These are older buzzwords, but they may have saved your business.
One thing for certain in a “post-covid” world, businesses will need to make sure they have invested in the right tools to sustain and nurture them in the new normal, whatever that looks like.
Questions for business owners and executives:
- Firstly, how do we safeguard our own people?
- How do we minimise disruption to business as usual?
- How will these impacts affect our ability to provide market ready products and services?
- How do we support our key customers and suppliers to fulfil demand and sustain long term relationships?
For a lot of these questions, the answers lie in the technology we use within our businesses. By having the right systems in place, companies can ensure that staff have full access to business systems and are able to action key tasks from home or anywhere else they need to.
Systems Integration to suppliers, and online tools for customers will help companies to ensure that the value chain is not broken by the loss of staff to illness, which can otherwise disrupt manual tasks.
Technologies that avoid human touch at point of sale or point of physical transfer of goods will also be essential going forward.
As a business that designs and builds software, Metafour is constantly adapting to the world around it. Software is not a fixed asset; it is dynamic, and it is important that we continuously reinvent our products for a changing world.
Metafour’s products, knowledge and expertise have been developed over 40 years. We have seen huge change before, and adapted our products and services to help our customers change and adapt. We have seen the advantages that good, well thought through software can bring to our customer’s businesses. There is no substitute for good people, but given the right tools, those same people can be a lot more effective.
So what parts of our software can help in the post-covid world?
- All our software is cloud based with unlimited users, ensuring access from anywhere for all your people; without the need to extend your contract or pay additional fees.
- Our comprehensive online customer portal reduces the need for large customer care teams as large volumes of bookings can be made online. Users can also access their entire booking history, proofs of delivery, past invoices, and manage their own user profiles.
- We have over 35 integrations to major logistics carriers, automating commerce between you and your suppliers and reducing the need for manual intervention
- Our automated supplier invoice reconciliation module means that checking each job is now done for you.
- Our “Safe-sign” proof of delivery feature is now live in our driver application, making it safe for drivers to deliver to recipients without the need for the public to sign on the driver’s device; reducing the risk of spreading disease.
These are a few of the features that can help you to beat your competition, and emerge into the new normal ready for business, for growth, and for profitability. If you would like to know more then please contact us on 0207 912 2000 or email us on email@example.com